1. Scope of the Policy
This Policy describes the information that Combined Fitness (“we” or “us”) gathers on or through the Service, how we use and disclose such information, and the steps we take to protect such information. By visiting the Site, or by purchasing or using any Services, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy.
This Policy is incorporated into, and is subject to, our Terms and Conditions Policy.
“Client” means a customer of ours.
“Client Data“ means personal data, reports, addresses, and other files, folders or documents in electronic form that a User of any of our Services stores within the service.
“Personal Data” means information that specifically identifies an individual or that is linked to information that identifies a specific individual.
“Public Area” means the area of the Site that can be accessed both by Users and Visitors, without needing to use a login ID and a password.
“Restricted Area” means the area of the Site that can be accessed only by Users, and where access requires the use of a login ID and a password.
“User” means a Client or an employee, agent, or representative of a Client, who primarily uses the restricted areas of the Site for the purpose of accessing the Service in such capacity.
“Visitor” means an individual other than a User, who uses the public area, but has no access to the restricted areas of the Site or Service.
2. Personal Information We Collect on the Service and hold:
The Personal Information collected, held, used and disclosed by us includes, but is not limited to, the following information about you:
- name and/or username;
- date of birth (see section 3 below);
- country of residence;
- email address;
- medical/health information (see section 3 below);
- a record of pages you visit on our website;
- information about any complaints you may lodge; and
- information about or related to your customised training programme, support provided to you by our coaches or any other service we provide you.
Some of the above information may also be classified as “health information” Please see section 3 below for details about how we might collect, hold, use or disclose health information about you.
3. Health Information and sensitive personal Information
Given the nature of our business and as provider of online fitness resources, we may also collect some sensitive information about you, for example, information about your health, which is afforded a higher level of privacy protection.
Health Information which we might collect about you includes, but is not limited to:
- any medical issues (as may be relevant to your use of Coaching Support, Training Programs or similar services we provide to you);
- your health situation (for example, whether you are injured, pregnant or disabled, to the extent relevant to your use of Coaching Support, Training Programs or other similar services we provide to you);
- your current height, weight and BMI;
- what facilities or equipment you use to train;
- training frequency;
- training experience;
- progress management – a weekly photo of you, and record of height, weight, and other body measurements, as you work towards your goals through our programmes;
- progress management – a record of your progress in weekly exercises;
- your daily calorie requirements
- your specific nutritional requirements;
- a description of your fitness, nutrition, relationship and business goals
- any other information required for the provision of our programs to you.
We will not collect, use or disclose any of your Health Information except to the extent necessary to provide a health service to you through our programs, and will ensure that any Health Information is collected, used and disclosed only in accordance with rules established by other competent health or medical bodies (where applicable) that deal with obligations of professional confidentiality.
4. How we collect and hold personal Information
We will only collect Personal Information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable and impractical to do so.
We may collect Personal Information from you directly in the following ways:
- if you subscribe to a membership with Combined Fitness or create an account on our website;
- if you request assistance or advice from our coaches;
- if you make a request for support online, by email or by telephone;
- if you participate in promotional offers;
- if you choose to subscribe to our mailing list; or
- if you disclose information such as contact details via our website.
In a situation where it is unreasonable or impractical to obtain Personal Information from you directly, you may be asked to consent to our collection of your Personal Information from a third-party.
We will always notify you after any of your Personal Information has been collected by us from a third party.
Combined Fitness holds Personal Information in databases hosted on servers based in Europe and the United States (including on servers through, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google and Dropbox)
We take reasonable steps to:
- protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- ensure that our system is appropriately backed-up to prevent the loss of your Personal Information; and
- destroy or de-identify Personal Information when it is no longer required.
Some security measures that we have in place to protect your Personal Information include the following:
- access to the database where your personal information is stored is restricted to authorised staff members;
- we use well-known and widely used development technology to run and maintain our website; and
- our hosting providers manage the server and database protection in accordance with standard web practices.
- We use TLS technology to encrypt data during transmission through public internet and ISO certified cloud services and applications.
In the case that any of the Personal Information held by Combined Fitness is lost, or subjected to unauthorised access, modification, disclosure or other misuse or interference, we will notify you immediately and advise you of the steps you should take in response to the breach. Additionally, if we receive any unsolicited Personal Information (i.e. we inadvertently obtain information about you that we did not request) we will determine whether we would have been able to obtain the information by the methods described in this section 4. If not, we will, as soon as practicable, destroy the information and ensure that the information is de-identified.
Combined Fitness will ensure that staff are adequately trained regarding their data protection responsibilities. Individuals whose roles require regular access to personal information, or who are responsible for implementing this policy or responding to subject access requests under this policy, will receive additional training to help them understand their duties and how to comply with them
We only retain the Personal Data collected from a User for as long as the User’s account is active or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will only retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
Information from Other Sources.
We may obtain information, including Personal Data, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners, advertisers, and Integrated Services. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Data that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
5. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
To provide training and fitness regimes, mindset and healthy lifestyle advice to our customers including:
- personalising our fitness regimes to help you achieve your individual fitness goals;
- formulating our fitness programs to suit your individual health requirements;
- providing you with the tools necessary to determine your nutritional requirements and track your food intake;
- providing you with the tools to improve your mindset, confidence and relationships.
- notifying you of account activity or updates (such as a weekly check-ins, changes to sessions, end of programme)
- sending you an email to notify you of any account changes or updates to our services (such as coaching updates, training group comments, or weekly check-ins);
- supporting and enhancing our relationship with you (this includes processing your membership subscription, providing you with better support and service and sharing company news and information with you);
- to provide insights into the progress and experiences of Combined Fitness members; and to deal with complaints.
We may use a Visitor’s or User’s email address or other information (other than Client Data) to contact that Visitor or User (i) for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or other issues related to the Client Data or Personal Data posted on the Service or (ii) with updates on promotions and events, relating to services offered by us and by third parties we work with. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
We use the information (other than Client Data ) to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our Visitors and Users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
6. To Whom We Disclose Information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not intentionally disclose the Personal Data or Client Data that we collect or store on the Service to third parties without the consent of the applicable Visitor, User or Client. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a Public Area of the Service, such as on a chat forum a banner advertisement or blog post, will be available to any Visitor or User who has access to that content.
We may disclose Personal Data or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Data or other information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights, enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
Combined Fitness does not sell any of your Personal Information to third parties.
We work with third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, or process Personal Data or Client Data as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We use trusted third party payment processing providers (PayPal and Stripe) in order to securely take, manage and process payments.
Transfer of Ownership
7. Data Transfer
As set out in section 4 above, your Personal Information is stored on servers hosted by some third parties service providers that are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
8. Your Options
Access, Correction, Deletion
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Data that you may have provided through your use of the Services. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Data we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained you may contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section. Upon receipt of a written request from you, we will give you access to the Personal Information we hold about you within 30 days of receiving your request unless an exception to access applies under the Privacy Act.
Upon receipt of a written request from you we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act to correct, amend, delete or cease to deal with any Personal Information we hold about you if it proves to be factually inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant to the purpose(s) for which it is being held within 30 days.
You may update, correct, or delete your Account and or Account information and preferences at any time by accessing your Account settings page on the Service or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law.
You may opt out from the collection of navigation information about your visit to the Site by Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out feature
Opting out from Marketing Communications
If you receive marketing emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us you may continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
The Services we provide may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Your Privacy Rights
We will not share any Personal Data with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes to the extent prohibited by law. If our practices change, we will do so in accordance with applicable laws and will notify you in advance.
Interest Based Advertising
Interest based advertising is the collection of data from different sources and across different platforms in order to predict an individual’s preferences or interest and to deliver to that individual, or his/her computer, smart phone or tablet, advertising based on his/her assumed preference or interest inferred from the collection of data pertaining to that individual or others who may have a similar profile or similar interests.
We work with a variety of third parties to attempt to understand the profiles of the individuals who are most likely to be interested in our Services so that we can serve our advertisements to them on the websites and mobile apps of other entities.
These third parties include: (a) advertising networks such as Facebook, which collect information about a person’s interests when that person views or interacts with one of their advertisements; (b) attribution partners, which measure the effectiveness of certain advertisements; and (c) business partners, who collect information when a person views or interacts with one of their advertisements.
In collaboration with these third parties, we may collect information about our customers, prospects and other individuals over time and across different platforms when they use these platforms or interact with them. Individuals may submit information directly on our Sites or on platforms run by third parties, or by interacting with us, our advertisements, or emails they receive from us or from third parties. We may use special tools that are commonly used for this purpose, such as cookies, beacons, pixels, tags, mobile advertising IDs, flash cookies, and similar technologies.
The information we or third party collect enables us to learn what purchases the person made, what ads or content the person sees, on which ads or links the person clicks, and other actions that the person takes on our Sites, or in response to our emails, or when visiting or using third parties’ platforms.
We, or the third parties with which we work, use the information collected as described above to understand the various activities and behaviors of our customers, Site visitors and others. We, or these third parties, do this for many reasons, including: to recognise new or past visitors to our Sites; to present more personalised content; to provide more useful and relevant ads – for example, if we know what ads you are shown we can try not to show you the same ones repeatedly; to identify visitors across devices, third party websites and sites, or to display or send personalized or targeted ads and other custom content that is more focused on a person’s perceived interest in products or services similar to those that we offer.
Our interest-based ads may be served to you in emails or on third-party platforms. We may serve these ads about our products or services or send marketing communications directly ourselves or through these third parties.
These features will opt a Visitor out of many – but not all – of the interest-based advertising activities in which we or third parties engage.
“Cookies” are text-only pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive or other website-browsing equipment for record-keeping purposes. Cookies allow the Site to remember important information that will make your use of the Site more convenient. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are either:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer.
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. [We use the following persistent cookies – Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel]
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
– Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
– Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised. [We use functional cookies for Vimeo for our training videos.]
To opt out of advertising cookies, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices
To opt out of seeing advertisements on Facebook based on your activity on this Site (and all other sites), go to this address and select ‘opt-out’:
Protecting the privacy of minors is especially important. Our Service is not directed to minors under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from persons under the age of 16 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Data has been collected on the Service from persons under 16 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 16 years of age has obtained an Account on the Service, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s Personal Data from our systems.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain Personal Data, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorised persons
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision, and will comply with applicable law. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
This site is owned and operated by Combined Fitness, and our registered office is 11 Chalford Avenue, The Reddings, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6UF United Kingdom. You can contact us at this business address, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Data, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email.